Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your safe and friendly chat forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Life in a Disabled Person's Perspective

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Brightstar

Life in a Disabled Person's Perspective Empty
PostSubject: Life in a Disabled Person's Perspective   Life in a Disabled Person's Perspective I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2013 11:22 pm

Somebody came across a girl, she's disabled. The woman asked her "are you ever angry?" The girl answered "ma'am, why should I be angry? It isn't going to get me anywhere. It's a total waste of time and energy. You see, when you open your eyes you see all the beautiful things God has given you. The trees, birds singing, water to drink,  air to breathe even if it's through a machine, a mouth to speak, food to eat, clothes to wear, a house to live, a family to love, friends to cherish, life is beautiful! God made me like this for a reason and his reason alone." The woman then said "but you can't do anything, you can't even walk!" The girl replied "I can't do anything? Sure I can! With the right technology I can do anything. I don't need to use my hands and move around like other people do. That's just boring! I was made to be unique, can't you see? Who wouldn't want help 24/7? You don't have to worry about a thing because they do it all for you! I don't need to walk, my wheelchair is a part of me. It's part of my uniqueness. Besides, who wants to walk when you can be pushed around all day? Now I believe I have said enough, but before I go let me say this. People who are angry, choose to keep their eyes shut. So all they see is the dark, the fire, the hurt." With that, the girl rolled away and the woman stood there baffled.
Back to top Go down

Life in a Disabled Person's Perspective
Page 1 of 1